Monday, December 05, 2005

House party

Once a year the CU goes away together for a weekend and that my friends is where I have been this weekend. We all met outside the union at 4:45 and at 6:00 we left; traffic was to blame but we all knew we wouldn't be leaving on time and anyways we got to spend an hour in the bar instead. The next 3 hours were spend in one of the 3 mini-buses that too us, it would of been a great journey except Westwood was on the radio for the last half an hour or so... If you don't know who Tim Westwood is count yourself lucky.

For the next 2 days we were in Newcastleton just the other side of the Scottish borders a little place called Whithaugh Park. I Love the country side and this place was awesome miles from nowhere, no TV or internet just 2 days full of Teaching, Worship and a game or two of Risk.

The speaker we had with us was amazing, his name is Steve Braye and he had his son with him too. He's an ex-military guy who used to be in the SAS which would of been enough to keep me interested for a weekend but he has the most amazing testimony and his relationship with God really just shines out of him. The teaching was a mix of a lot of things which was actually really good because it just gave God a chance to do more in me. If only the weekend was longer! Now I have to process what went on there and it was a lot. Choices, The way of the cross, sexuality, freedom in Christ and a whole bunch of other things. Lets just say God's doing a lot way too much to talk about here but I'm sure this isn't the last you'll hear of it.

This is Newcastleton the somewhere in the background is the place we were staying at, Saturday afternoon a bunch of us walked into town though. I'll post some more pictures when I get them.